a914: Re: a878: Toussaint "Guinou" Louverture ? (Saint-Vil answers Allen) fwd (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

John A Allen asked:

«Would Jean be kind enough to share his sources with us.»

One of my indirect sources is Jean Fouchard's «Les Marrons de la liberté»
where it is detailed with precision how Afrikans ended up losing track of
their real names. Men, women, children and elders were stamped like cattle
with the names of the murderers who  tortured them and their loved ones for
444 years (1444-1888). We're aware that some people insist on calling this
noble African «Toussaint Bréda» because his mother gave birth to him on
property that was stolen by a french criminal named Bréda - This, to me, is
an insiduous insult not only to Toussaint but to all decent freedom-loving
human beings.

Therefore, if Toussaint's father and grand-father were named Gaou Guinou, I
find it logical to refer to him as Toussaint Guinou Louverture. This
appelation helps affirm that the man was an Afrikan born in captivity, the
son of Gaou Ginou - the one who joined his people's struggle, led the
revolution and created l'ouverture (the opening) through which humanism must
eventually triumph over barbarism on this continent. Humanity needs to know
the true origins of this great man. This is part of the global
reconstruction effort.

I have just received from a Haitian researcher (Dr.  Paultre P. Desrosiers)
some new information suggesting that Gaou Ginou was not the exact name of
Toussaint's father and grandfather but it was rather «Gaxu Genu».

Toussaint, he wrote, «was the eldest of 8 children. His father's name was
Gaxu Genu,Chief of staff of the armed forces and head of intelligence
services under Detchada, the seventh king of Adanhun'sa of the Dynasty of
Alada of the Agasuvi».

I have also read with great interest the detailed info provided by M.
Jean-Jacques Senechal. These are important leads and I hope more researchers
will share such information with listmembers but - more importantly, with
Haitian peoples everywhere in Kreyòl and with other peoples in their
languages.

Obviously, there is plenty of research left to be done on Haitian history,
as is the case for most of Afrikan history (many people still don't realise
that the ancient Egyptians, the pyramid builders, were Afrikans - is it any
wonder since A&E, TLC and the so-called HIStory channel never shows the
statues of the full-liped, dark-skined, obviously Afrikan Kufhu, Narmer
(AHA), Taharka, Queen Tiye etc...). This means, much research must be done
outside of the eurocentric mythological construct which tried and still
tries to steal Egypt from its continent (Africa) by inventing a mythical
place called (middle east). It is this same eurocentric mythology, concerned
with the preservation of racial hegemony, which also begins American History
and Black History in the 15th century (when the power balance favours
Europeans over Africans) and decides to call a man by the name stamped on
his back by the criminals who kidnapped him and stripped him of his roots.

So, in deciding to call my noble ancestor Toussaint Guinou Louverture,
without asking for anyone's approval, I am calling White Supremacy's bluff
and am attempting to make room for historical truth and logic to shine
through a very thick smokescreen.

Such are my sources John.

Jafrikayiti

«Manti fè mil rekòt kafe ap galope, yon sèl grenn jounen, laverite trape l»

(deceit gallops for a thousand years, the truth cathes up to it in a single
day)