a1005: Re: a999: On Pina Posting: Slavin (fwd)

From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

"Ostensibly calling on a Haitian to go into exile -- especially one that new
Macoutes like Paul Raymond and Rene Civil are thirsty for ?? is over the
top."

I never called upon anyone to go into exile and I certainly defend Delva's
right to say what he wishes. I am merely pointing to a pattern in this tired
old game of pin the dictator on Aristide which seems so popular these days.
As evidence of this I would say it's probably certain you have never
interviewed nor spoken personally with Raymond or Civil. You don't know
their mothers, families or children. Instead you only have a hand fed image
given to you courtesy of the press, no questions asked as these folks become
merely dehumanized names without faces or families, demonized and trussed up
for the kill.

"Whether or not you agree with Delva's pronouncements , his right of freedom
of expression and assembly must be respected."

Absolutely and conversely so must Raymond's and Civil's rights be equally
respected. Of course now we get back to the issue of the threats made at St.
Bosco by Raymond. I will state again and again that it was never mentioned
in the international press that Raymond was placed under the equivalent of
probation by the office of the government prosecutor. His freedom of
movement was restricted, he had to meet regularly with a counselor and the
equivalent of a "probation officer." Much was made of the threats while the
measures taken against it were given no attention at all. This left the
false and intentional message that Lavalas and Aristide covertly supported
the statement. Nothing could be further from the truth yet, as we all know,
if you say something often enough human nature is such that it will become
accepted without critical evalution of its origins. It's far more difficult
and time consuming to be critical in such circumstances than the alternative
of believing what you hear over and over again despite its incorrectness.