a1032; RE: a1030: Re: a1006: Controlling the evangelicals (fwd)

From: Joel Dreyfuss <jdreyfuss@attglobal.net>

If Haiti had some basic governmental organization and some basic
priorities of government-- but of course, it doesn't or we wouldn't all
be here talking about it -- then the government could set some
regulations for Christianization.
1. I would create a law that no religious group could make conversion a
requirement for receiving any form of social service: food, housing,
health, education or vocational training.
2. Any conversion to another religion would require an affidavit of free
will witnessed by someone not associated with the cult.
3. No artifacts of indigenous religious practice would be deliberately
destroyed; they would be turned over to the National Museum for
classification and possible re-assignment to members of the hounfor
where they originated; if no members could be found or none still wanted
the artifacts, they could be turned over to the National Museum or the
Centre for Anthropological Studies for safekeeping.
4. Any harrassment or denigation of vaudun practioners would be a
violation of the freedom of religion guaranteed under then laws of
Haiti.

Joel Dreyfuss
jdreyfuss@attglobal.net
212-932-1448