a1034: Re: a1032; RE: a1030: Re: a1006: Controlling the evangelicals (fwd)

From: Philip Richter <philipcrichter@hotmail.com>

Joel:
  I hope my memory serves me well, but for a while anyway soon after
"liberation" the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cultes required that
representatives of new missionary groups, which flooded into the country
then, be evaluated and accompanied during their first forays into the
provinces by Ministry appointees who had experience, local or national, in
gestion de developpement. The new missionaries had to be approved by the
government, at least as to their true capacity to help people.
Unfortunately, it might take a directive from Jean-Bertrand himself to start
this up again.
Phil R.