a1081: Re: a1063: Haiti and the Pact with Satan - (Saint-Vil applauds Simidor) Bob Corbett adds.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 19:49:52
From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>
To: corbetre@webster.edu
Subject: Re: a1063: Haiti and the Pact with Satan - (Saint-Vil applauds
    Simidor) (fwd)

«...the Ginou-ists should put on their seat belts and  swallow their
sezisman pills...» Daniel Simidor

Kouzen an voye dlo, mwen mouye, e sa fè m plezi! :o)
(The water sent fell on me and its all good! - please escuse my english good
folks!)

I find Simidor's recent post highly instructive, very challenging and truly
enjoyable. Indeed Haitian scholars have been too lazy for too long. I, for
one, am thirsty for more research, more discussions, from Haitian as well as
non-Haitian scholars over our rich history. So, Daniel, this Guinouist has
no problem at all putting on his seatbelts to learn more and more facts,
theories, analyses, myths about Haiti's amazing history. I can only hope and
pray that more folks will follow your positive lead.

San blòf, I truly and thouroughly enjoyed and applaud your #a1063 post.

Jafrikayiti
(unrepentant Guinouist!)

Bob Corbett adds:  I too thought Simidor's post was informative and
persuasive.  Thanks to his generous consent I will be adding that post to
my web site of posts concerning the Haitian Revolution.

I've always thought many of the early myths of U.S. history were much more
inspiration tales than historical events.  And when I started studying
Haitian history I sense the same and the Bois Caiman story stood out.
Similarly in Austria where I spend a good deal of time, Habsburg history
is filled with such useful and interesting tales, but less than likely as
historical realities.  I don't think the fact there such tales are non
historically verifiable and perhaps even pure myths, takes away from their
give the spirit of a particular time in which they were created.

In any case, I too applauad Daniel's contribution.

Bob Corbett