#6:: Good News from Haiti: A response to Durban responds

From:HaitiGspl@aol.com

I got home early this morning and enjoyed our conversation in Haiti.  I have
been reading your comments to Poincy and appreciate your views.  I doubt that
either of you will alter your positions and for the record I endorse your
thoughts.  Granted a dollar earned by assembling imported components is not
as desireable as assembling products made from local raw materials, but the
workers would assert that a job is a job and the dollar earned will buy rice
to feed a family today.  I am no longer interested in the "big" picture or
long term solutions because none of them will work until the political system
becomes focused on progress.  Until then, I intend to continue to help in my
own small way.  I am not responsible for changing the government.  Let those
who can (be it peasants or the wealthy) do it.
 I would like to talk more about the boats and hope to visit you on my next
trip in August.  I am leaving for Alasla on Monday and will be back on July
21.
John (330) 854-0708