#230: Needs information on Aristotle Onassis and Papa Doc! Young replies

From: david X young <frelgo@interport.net>

If I recall correctly Onassis once wanted to lease La Gonave to convert into
a  "Monte Carlo Caribe" but was refused. I suspect it was by Baby Doc not
Papa. (they weren't all theives, after all, and with some conservative
respect for their territory).
Re English words wandering into creole., what about Mother Fucker? I first
heard it used by two tap tap drivers in Petionville in September 1955.
Outside of the jazz world, that phrase hadn't much crept out of black
american culture, and was long before James Earl Jones proposed an all black
version of "Oedipus Rex". David X Young