#376: Night at the Caribbean Plaza (fwd)

From: Guy Antoine <GuyAntoine@windowsonhaiti.com>

I once again went to the Caribbean Plaza in Nanuet, run by
Corbettist Jean Jean-Pierre, last Saturday, and heard Musical
Great Edner Guignard (on his ?? birthday), singers Joe Trouillot
and Michel Pressoir, not to forget Jean-Jean himself on the drums,
pay a distinguished musical homage to the recently departed
Ambassador of Haitian Music, the unforgettable Guy Durosier.
Could anyone forward to me the lyrics of "Nous", Durosier's
remarkable tribute to the memory of Martin Luther King Jr.?
I would love to add them to the "Poems and Lyrics" section of
Windows on Haiti.  My first time at the Caribbean Plaza was
to witness the electrifying performance of Boukman Eksperyans,
and since then I have been duly impressed with the incredible
stream of talented musicians which Jean-Jean and company
have been able to attract to the Plaza, week after week.

One thing that I have done is to offer Jean-Jean a page in Windows
on Haiti where he can publish short biographies or timely notes
about the weekly performers at the Caribbean Plaza.  Jean-Jean
has accepted in principle, so you can look forward to that feature.

If enough of us show up at the Caribbean Plaza, we could convince
Jean Jean-Pierre to have a large table permanently dedicated to
the esteemed denizens of Corbettland.  What do you say, folks?

Looking forward to seeing you,

Guy S. Antoine
Look thru & Imagine!
http://windowsonhaiti.com