#407: Six new Vodou initiates of Yabofai Bon Houngan and Mambo RacineSans Bout (fwd)

From:Racine125@aol.com

SIX NEW VODOU INITIATES MADE IN HAITI, BY YABOFAI BON HOUNGAN AND MAMBO
RACINE SANS BOUT

Six non-Haitian candidates recently completed their initiations.  While of
course other foreigners have been initiated, to the best of my knowledge this
is the first large group of foreigners to have genuine ceremonies, and the
first time so many non-Haitians have achieved the higher ranks of asogwe and
sur point.

Jennifer Thompson of Gary, Indiana, already an Iyalocha and priestess of
Oshun (better known as Iya Oshuntoki), servant of Erzulie Freda, achieved the
asson!  She is now Bon Mambo Cherche Lavi, Mambo asogwe of the Vodou and
child of Yabofai Bon Houngan and Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen.

Mark Moellendorf of Austin, Texas, already sur point in New Orleans, servant
of Damballah, achieved the asson.  He is now Bon Houngan Koulev Chase
Minfort, Houngan asogwe of the Vodou and child of Yabofai Bon Houngan and
Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen.

Joeanne Mitchell of Hudson, New York, already an Iyalocha made in Cuba and
priestess of Oya; a serious magician, student of the occult, and serviteur of
Baron, achieved the asson.  She is now Bon Mambo Konnen Viv, Mambo asogwe of
the Vodou and child of Yabofai Bon Houngan and Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te
La Daginen.

Russell Gaudin of British Colombia, Canada, a longtime student of Vodou and a
gifted, psychically sensitive individual, servant of Ogoun, achieved the
grade of sur point.  He is now Bon Houngan Jour Mwen Lonje, sur point and
child of Yabofai Bon Houngan and Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen.

David Grant of Gary, Indiana, a Babalawo of Ifa, achieved the grade of sur
point. David had the remarkable good fortune to discover that although Ogoun
was his initiatory point, he has the extremely important lwa Gran Bwa Ile.
This is most appropriate to a Babalawo, for reasons which I hope David will
discuss.  He is now Bon Houngan Ya Sezi, sur point and child of Yabofai Bon
Houngan and Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen.

Anika Cazenave of New York, a graduate student, writer, and remarkably
courageous personality, achieved the grade of Hounsi kanzo.  She is now
Hounsi Soti Lwen, child of Yabofai Bon Houngan and Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa
Te La Daginen.

We must also mention Kevin Filan of New York, who underwent a lave tet
ceremony and recieved a garde.  He is also child of Yabofai Bon Houngan and
Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen.

In addition I, Kathy S. Grey of Boston, Mambo Racine Sans Bout, made a
rekouche at the rank of asogwe, thereby achieving for myself a living papa
asson (my former Houngan, who originally gave me the asson, has been deceased
for some years now).  My name has therefore been augmented to Bon Mambo
Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen.

Yabofai and I are hugely proud of all of our new children.  They each and
every one distinguished themselves by their quickness to learn, their
stamina, their endurance in the initiatory djevo, and their individual
personalities.  Each of them has a "fan club" of new friends in Haiti, and
each of them has personal experiences which I am sure they will be wanting to
relate in the days and weeks to come.

These are qualified, strong, well-made servants of Guinea, and I and Yabofai
will serve as witnesses for any who may doubt their rank or their
authenticity.

Congratulations and praise once again for the kanzo brothers and sisters of
August 1999!  Ayibobo, ayibobo, AYIBOBO!

Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen

The VODOU Page - <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html">http://members.aol.com/raci
ne125/index.html</A>