#441: Ulyhsse replies to Munsell

From: Gina Ulysse <gulysse@abacus.bates.edu>

Thank you Mr Munsell for that bit of reality check. Life does go on as it
always has. People simply keep adopting, as all of us often have to in
changing conditions. The mass hysteria (no matter how real) surrounding
the violence in Haiti has indeed deterred/is deterring people from the
island. However, we must realize and consider the fact that in too many
ways, it sadly perpetuates this popular perception of Haiti as this
"oddity" in the region that must be left alone to its own demise, for it
can only save itself. As we all know, Haiti did not get to where it is
today entirely on its own?

peace
gu
Gina Ulysse, Ph.D.