#602: New line: information on DR (fwd)

From:mchancy@imap3.asu.edu

Hello All,
I am planning a trip to the DR to do field research and to get to know the
country a bit better(I am Haitian of part Dominican heritage).  Can anyone
advise on a safe, centrally localized hotel
in Santo Domingo? as well as on travel through the country either by guided
tour or on one's own by rental car?  I will be traveling with one other
person...I would appreciate any information that could facililate the travels
of two women on their own in the DR and working (but not fluendt) knowledge of
Spanish.
Thanks in advance,
Myriam J. A. Chancy

"As long as our ancestors in us are still suffering, we cannot really be
happy."  --Thich Nhat Hanh

Myriam J. A. Chancy, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Department of English