#648: Florida Restavek-- Manigat comments

From:HAITIBOOKS@aol.com

I hope the case of this little girl in Florida will open the eyes of the
international community on the festering problem of slavery of minors in
Haiti.
We should launch a campaign to have it ABOLISHED as soon as possible. Slavery
of Africans was abolished in Saint-Domingue in 1793 by Sonthonax. It's about
time we freed the children of our less fortunate peasant families. Those so
called restavek.
Down with the slavery of poor children in Haiti!
Max Manigat