#977: Vodou Initiation Group --- Another reply to DeGraff

From:Moibibi@aol.com

We, Vodoun adepts of Haiti, have survived the Slave trade and countless
"dechoukaj" periods in our new homeland. We have triumphed mostly because our
spiritual power is strong. Often times, we have chosen not to respond to
those that choose disloyal means in an attempt to destroy us.

    Today, we see initiation into our ancestral religion being advertised as
a safari tour. We are portrayed as objects of curiosity and our beliefs as
well. Our beloved  "Manman Hunyō" have become "pipi ladies". Foreigners to
our culture have become our judges.

    Sure, these are critically serious matters. They just constitute a new
challenge not worse than those we survived in our troubled past. We are not
surprised, we are not strangers to this type of provocation. We sadly realize
that we are just outcasts denied of our rights in our own country.

    Yet,  we shall overcome. Our Spirits have always been with us, they have
demonstrated to an astonished world how they could help us conquer our
Independance, they will help us in keeping it. Everything is just a question
of time.

Bebe Pierre Louis