#1375: medicines at customs: Laleau comments

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Prudy,

Maybe if you'd just given the money (or MORE money) to Customs before doing
anything else, you would have gotten through faster.  Or maybe I'm just
cynical.

PS -- During the worst of the dictatorship, I took about 100 pounds of
medicines to Haiti too -- no one stopped me at customs.  I was not an M.D.
and had no certificate of donation either... no paperwork at all except my US
passport.  Apparently the regime at that point wasn't worried about
legalities at all, and more likely, perhaps just by luck, no one bothered to
shake me down.  I don't know of any legalities affecting taking medicines in
to Haiti, such as you describe...

Nancy Laleau