#1424: Taino People in LaGonave : Gill replies

From: mark gill <markgill@midwest.net>

Haiti was taken from the Taino.......America was taken from the
"natives".....the "natives" in the US took the land from those who were in
the US before the wave of folk apparently came across the Bering
Straights.......

if "natives" in the US have the right to demand "freedom", then the Taino
have the same right in Haiti.....

the Spanish and French "stole" the  land from the Taino....we all know the
story of de la Casas...........so, let us discuss who owns Haiti.........i
mean, we discuss language and everything else......but, what about the
question of the Taino?

have they no rights?  should they not be given land?  if not, then why not?
the Africans in Haiti live on land that belongs to the Taino....

should not those who claim African descent have to deal with this question?