#2001: Re: #1935: Is the American Embassy gone? Seitz assures us it is there

From:SSeitz8935@aol.com

No. No. No. The American Embassy is alive and well.  I am in Haiti now and frequent the area quite regularly.  It's true the American Ambassador is moving on, along with USAID's Director retiring, but the Americans are firmly in place.
Resignations, retirements, moving on, etc. always start ugly rumours, but while people may go, the Institutions have not.
best wishes to all from Haiti.  I am here on a Design Project for another area in the Caribbean, truly saddened by the consistently declining conditions, but heartened the people have retained something no one can really take from them - their innate and wonderful creativity.  sseitz