#2093: Are There Any ATM's? Klarreich replies

From:KKLARREICH@aol.com

Something struck a chord when I read the well-intentioned post from the
person asking about ATM machines in Haiti. From time to time I am amazed
what kinds of things eclipse people who haven't been to Haiti: ATM machines,
telephone booths, mailboxes...... I remember a conversation with a woman who
had come down to Haiti in 1993 to do research and asked me to help her get in
contact with local rape crisis centers.

May we never take for granted the things that we have.......