#3329: Dominican Peace March Crosses Through Haiti: follow-up

From:bateyrelief@mindspring.com

From:  Batey Relief Alliance (BRA)

It is with great pleasure to inform that on the first day of the "March of
Peace" which started last week in Plaza Central of Santo Domingo to end in
Champs de Mars of Haiti, Batey Relief Alliance-Dominican Republic made a
donation of $US 100.00 to the Haitian Consul in Barahona-Dominican Republic,
Mr. Edwin Paraison, towards the realization of the march.  The money was to
be used towards buying water, fruit and other commodities needed for the
marchers during their journey of peace.

Ms. Maria Virtudes Berroa, BRA's Regional Representative in Santo Domingo
spoke by telephone with the March organizer, Mr. Rafael Guillen - and
congratulated him for taking on this worthy cause.

In a letter addressed to the Haitian Consulate, BRA praised the Dominican
marchers for starting this noble initiative and hopes that the spirit will
stay with the two populations for generations to come.

Ulrick Gaillard, J.D.
Executive Director - BRA
=====================================
Batey Relief Alliance (BRA) www.bateyrelief.org
Tax-exempt, non-profit, non-political humanitarian aid organization.
For donations and information, please contact:
Ulrick Gaillard, J.D., Executive Director
P.O. Box 300565, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11230
(917) 627-5026 or at bateyrelief@mindspring.com.
Maria Virtudes Berroa, Regional Director
Apartado Postal 5085, Santo Domingo, Rep. Dom.
(809) 383-1547 or at bateyrelief@hotmail.com.