#3711: On Creole Linguistisc: Blanchet comments

From: Max Blanchet <MaxBlanchet@worldnet.att.net>

It seems to me that if we were to follow Grey's

strictures, we would, to be sure, reduce Creole's

status to a form of "petit nègre."

Creole deserves much better than that!!!

We need to move beyond pure "oralité" first by

standardising the language - which has been

largely accomplished -- and then insuring

universal education in that language.

Then and only then, the genius of the Haitian people

will come into full bloom  and great writers will emerge

who will follow in the trail blazed by Moriso and

Franketyèn.

Max Blanchet