#3798: On "Se bon ki ra" : Grey comments

From:Racine125@aol.com

<< If thought can be lent to the author of the
 ill-formed, claimed to be Haitian proverb "Se bon ki
 ra" (
 Good is rare), a correct rendering of the English
 equivalence in Haitian is : "Sa ki bon difisil pou
 jwenn". I joined Michel in stating that "Se bon ki ra"
 does not even qualify as a literal translation (word
 for word) or interpretation of the English sentence in
 Haitian Creole. >>

Umm ex-CUZE me!  This proverb is in use at least in the Jacmel area, and one
of the Houngans in our house has also taken it as his nom vayan, that's how I
learned it.  So, I will be sure to tell the Haitian people there this July
that they are "authors of the ill formed".

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html">http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>