#4071: Miami Herald FWD - Editorial by Olivier Nadal: Dorc comments to Grey

From:LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 06/04/2000 11:00:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Kathy Grey
writes:

<< The arrogance of the elite class can not be underestimated.  I wonder if
Mr.
 Nadal remembers a day, in the period prior to the American presidential
 elections which brought Bill Clinton to office, when he asserted that George
 Bush would be the next president of the United States.  An American present
 pointed out to Mr. Nadal that elections had not yet been held, and thus the
 identity of the next American president remained open to question.

 "Oh, don't be so naive," was Nadal's comment.  "It has already been decided."

 This mistaken belief that a society can be governed by powerful individuals
 unsupported by the will of the people and without an electoral mandate
 underlies Nadal's thinking and remains the most basic flaw of his soi-disant
 political perspective. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I do not like to disagree with you on this matter, but I believe powerful
individuals, unsupported by the will of the people and without an electoral
mandate DO run this country and in fact the world.  When Clinton won over
Bush "they" started their smear campaign which was Whitewater.  People were
hounded, the Foster suicide which turned into murder.  The pushy wife
overstepping her bounds.  The humiliating second term shifted these powers
into overdrive.  They caught the president with his pants down.  Unable to
attack his policies, they went for the private, personal peccadillos of the
president.  The tactics seem exactly like the ones used against Aristide.
If the masses vote impetuously against the power's choice, there is hell to
pay.  Punishment follows.  Less bloody in the US than in Haiti, but
punishment nonetheless.  Is it any wonder there is some overreaction by
Lavalas?

Kathy Dorce