#4279: Reply to Tom Driver re Chabon etc. from Kathy Sheetz

From: katherine sheetz <kathysheetz@hotmail.com>

Tom,
My response to your original post regarding the attitudes of some of the
staff at USAID in Port au Prince--indicating to you "the Haitian does
nothing to try to improve his/her situation"--was simply the irony that
USAID is involved in funding some of the impressive amount of work one can
see in Fondwa--work done by the farmers themselves.
   I can't speak to policy issues involving USAID as I am not familiar with
such.
   I also would be happy to send along photos of Fondwa in 1985. They are
from a woman involved in  a nutrition study. I return to the states July 4.