#4532: Thomazeau election : Morse asks

From: oloffsonram <oloffsonram@globelsud.net>

Does anyone have any official results on the Thomazeau elections?
This is what I heard from a "citoyen" with family living in the area.
A candidate named "Guy" from PLB received 5000 votes. The Lavalas
candidate received 1000 votes. The Lavalas candidate won. Partisans
of "Guy" proceded to burn the election booths and Guy was jailed. When
they came to release him the following day he was so infuriated that he
refused to leave the jail. He did eventually leave jail the following
day.
Like I said, this is just someone from the neigborhood giving me his
take on what happened. I would be interested in hearing an official
version.

Richard Morse

P.S. I've heard some great rumors on what happened between Prime
Minister Alexis and Father Aristide....

P.P.S. There is a concurrent resolution from the American Senate to the
President of the United States in which they referred to Haiti's
President as "Rene Preval Garcia".

P.P.P.S. Things are getting more and more surreal down here....