#5028: Re: #5011: Fuel hike could spell new woes for poor Haiti (fwd)

From: ForHaiti@aol.com

In Cap Haitien the exchange from gourdes to dollars is now between 24 and 25
to 1. Even those not affected directly by the fuel increase seem to be riding
the "band wagon" by increasing prices on everything.

I have a question.  It was my understanding that fuel to Haiti was a part of
some country's economic aid and that Haiti is only paying something like 3¢ a
gallon. If this is the case, there would be no justification for matching the
DR increase.

Does anyone know where they get their fuel and how much they pay?