#5090: Haitian Culture Awareness Week 2000 / Atlanta (fwd)

From: Declama <Declama@email.msn.com>

The Association for Haitian American Development, Inc.
P.O. Box 2332
Decatur, GA  30031-2332
(404) 355-6426 VM
(770) 981-4568 Fax
email: ahadcc@hotmail.com
Web Site: www.ahad-kreyol.org

Dear Friends:

                 The Association for Haitian American Development, Inc.
(AHAD) is a non-profit organization founded in Atlanta in 1994.  Our goal is
to increase general public awareness of our culture by presenting positive
and truthful information about Haiti and to also give Haitians, worldwide a
voice.  To accomplish our goal, we publish the Créole Connection, a
newsletter that is globally read and an annual conference held during
Haitian Culture Awareness Week during the first week of November.  We are
also on the Internet at www.ahad-kreyol.org.

This year's conference is scheduled to take place Friday November 3 and
Saturday November 4, 2000.  The theme is Famn Vanyan (Valiant Women) - The
Evolution of the Haitian Woman.  The goal of this conference is to explore
the contribution of Haitian women at home and abroad.  This special event is
scheduled to take place in the Cosby Auditorium at Spelman College campus.
We will close the festivities with a banquet at Renaissance Atlanta Hotel
downtown, with a performance by the renowned Haitian roots band Tchaka.

For more information, please visit our web site at
http://www.ahad-kreyol.org/Announcements/HCAW2000.htm  or contact us at the
above coordinates.

Serge Declama