$5117: Re: #5106: depression and fear, Dorcé comments (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 09/18/2000 11:21:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, JHUDICOURTB@a
ol.com writes:

<<  When they kill groups of 10 and 20
 in one accident, isn't that preventable crime?  When you take a good look at
 those drivers, you see that the majority look very young.  Why can't they be
 taught to repect life?  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This snippet from your post caught my attention.  It actually made me
incredulous. "Why can't they be taught to respect life?"......like their
previous government regimes?  Like the bored and dismissive elite?  Like just
what role model that exists or ever existed in Haiti?  When did anyone value
THEIR lives?  If you are sick......you die.  If you are hungry....you die.
If you manage to make enough money to effect your life...it's very possible
you die.  If you vote for your candidate so that your government can
represent your needs for once in the history of Haiti.....you die.  When
people can vote for Aristide and he can complete his term of office without
coup and reprisals (bodies left in the street as a message to others not to
defy their betters) then you can work on teaching everyone the value of human
life.  Now, today.....you might as well spit in the wind.

Sincere regards,

Kathy Dorce