#5166: Re: #5161: Re: #5141: Re: #5125: Rene Preval! : Succar comments (fwd)

From: Jean Succar <succarj@hotmail.com>

Marie Petit-Michel,

I do not doubt the fact that Preval might be right or not, but my point is
that is it worth it? Constantly bringing up a past that might cost us more
ennemy than proving anything.  Also it is a lack of diplomtic skills, I mean
to say do you see the Dominicans blaming us invading their territory for 25
years or blaming the Spaniards for the fate of tehir country.

Added to this, before a leader accepts a position, mostly an important
position as the Presidency, he should weigh the implications involve in
doing so.  I am convinced that Preval knew what he was going to face
(Remember he was Prime Minister), he knew the demands on a Haitian
President; so if he has accepted the position, he surely felt he was up to
the task.  This is what makes a great leader the courage to accept and take
charge otherwise STEP-DOWN.  He knew that the job of a Haitian President is
very challenging and a conundrum.  Do you really think this was what Haiti
needed for these past four critical years:  a placeholder, like YOU define
Preval to be ?

As you know, the Haitian Executive has a great deal of influence on the
country's decisions MOSTLY when it truncates the Legislative branch.  Also
you knew that the Haitian Executive is bicephalous UNLESS it is exclusive of
its Prime Minister.  Well, Preval has possessed a good amount of power
during his mandate.  Also, if he failed to coordinate his vision throughout
his governement as you mentionned it, it is a proof of a weak, uncapable
leadership. Therefore, he is the only one to accept the failure of HIS
governemnt.

Let us be empirical for a while, the numbers show failure: increase in
insecurity, increase in drug trafficking.  Our society is torn apart.  Our
identity is being lost. Do you think this was what the HAITIAN POEPLE wanted
from its President.

The only way Preval's name would have been written into our memory is that
he had step-down power after his first or second year admitting his
incapacity of leading this crumbling country and giving another more capable
person the role.