5354: Re: 5327 A Real Discussion (fwd)

From: patrick sylvain <sylvaipa@hotmail.com>

I am not sure if Senou is Haitian, I will presume that he/she is. I will
simply congratulate Senou for bringing up the notion or the idea of having a
national debate. I hope that I'm wrong, I do not think that since the birth
of our nation we've had a real national debate that is base on vision. That
is, a non-partisan debate has, or have had, for mission the mapping of
cross-institutional (cross-realms) developments for the nation, i.e.,
socio-economic, political, educational, cultural, health, infrastructure,
tourism, etc...  In keeping with Senou's proposal, I would say, permit me to
sound pessi-optimistic, if we were to accomplish the first step of
democratically choosing the delegates, that would be such a promissory sign
in our bleak future. Albeit, it is extremely crucial to have a
multi-departmental convention whereby delegates would be able to discuss,
come up and having the mandate to implement their final program(s).
Imagine, a Kombit of non-partisan Haitians working to bring civility, hope
and normal life back to Haiti. Imagine.

I'll even go further to say, or to idealistically hope, that such a
convention would dismantle our governmental structure and replace it with
one that similar in functional structure with that of the United States.
But, with true democratic representation. Our system is functionally, not
ideally, archaic and fundamental corrupt. A mono-institution, or a father
figure for president, as it is the status-quo in our political culture, can
never solve our deep-rooted problems.

Nwaye n'ape nwaye, we are drowning folks. We need to fundamentally change
our ways of being, thinking, operating, relating and more in other realms,
if we really would like to taste democracy, at least maintaining the
"survival" of Haiti.  Things are critical folks, in all fronts.

Patrick