6242: Re: 6232: Caricom issue follow-up (fwd)

From: Maxetluc@aol.com

I spent November 26th driving throughout Port-au-Prince and Petionville to
check on the BED's and didn't see 60.5 people voting, let alone 60.5%.  I've
also talked to friends in the Lavalas leadership who privately admit there
was only a 10% turnout.

As far as I can tell, Caricom was generous in its estimate and ICIO was
pursuing its political objectives, i.e., lending legitimacy to fellow
progressives, rather than an accurate estimate of the votes.

Maxetluc