6278: Son very sick in Port-Au-Prince (fwd)

From: Rosann Clements <rosann@onemain.com>

>From <rosann@onemain.com>
Hi Corbetters...
I received a phone call last night and was told my son Jeff who has been
living in Haiti for 16 months...is in a hospital in Port-Au-Prince with
pneumonia.
His fever is 104 and he's been in there since Saturday. At first I was quite
worried...( Not that I'm not worried still...but...) as I wasn't sure what
conditions hospitals are in. Not having traveled to Haiti yet...I can only
imagine. My first thought was...why didn't they fly him out to Miami...???
They told me the hospital was great much closer to US standards and the
staff has been very kind and helpful to my son. They check on him every hour
and bring him food every few hours...he's on IV ...He is very sick
indeed...and hearing how great they seem to be caring for my son...I am at
much peace and know he'll be fine!
I was happy to hear there is a good hospital there. Anyone else have any
comments on the health care in Haiti?
I hope he recovers soon and can get out before Christmas!
Happy Holidays
Rosann :)