6563: Re: 6538 & 6527: "Haiti now" (fwd)

From: JRAuguste1@aol.com

Key words: Dominican Republic, Haiti, latitude, longitude, J. Helms, revolt,
opportunity.

Dear Martine Jean:

At the risk of simplifying history, let me just say that the Dominicans sure
look good doing just what you wrote. And, Haitians of all ages and background
emigrate/commute en masse there to find work, health care, food products they
do not find in Haiti.

Should Haitians spend less time revolting? Or should they fine tune their
constant revolts? What a people should do!

And on top of all that, Haitians have to worry about longitude and latitude!

I have no doubt that J. Helms must also be thinking that Haiti's proximity to
the US is a problem.

It is a case of "les grands esprits se rencontrent toujours!"

J-R. B. Auguste

 I understand you qualifying Henrius's statement as simple. You are an
 american and if I were one  I would not like to think that my country's
 policy has had such a negative impact on another country. However, Henrius's
 statement is not a simplification of US/Haiti relations as you would like to
 see it. Yes, Haiti has many problems but its proximity to the US is her
 biggest problem.

 The Dominican Republic may be moving up. But guess what, big US businesses
 are allowed to do whatever they want to do there as long as they throw some
 crumbs at the people and pay the ruling minority big money. The Dominican
 Republic will be okay as long as they don't revolt against US abuse and
 hidden control of their country.

 Martine