6670: Seeking organization working on gay / lesbian issues within Haiti (fwd)

From: Merrie Archer <MArcher@nchr.org>

NCHR has recently been approached by someone who is trying to get in-depth
information on the type and quantity of persecution experienced in Haiti by
lesbians and gay men.  I can't think of a single organization within Haiti
that addresses this issue.

Please let me know of any individuals or organizations working on this
issue.  Feel free to contact me directly if necessary.

I'd also be interested in hearing list members' explanation of this
phenomenon and what you think can be done to address this problem.  Given
the extent to which Haiti is known for its rampant homophobia, I'm hoping to
open up a can of worms ...