7004: Re: 6962: Aristide coverage - Dorce to Pierre-Pierre (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 02/09/2001 2:30:00 AM Pacific Standard Time, The Haitian
Times <publisher@haitiantimes.com> writes:
(speaking of the NY Times)
<< I remember a time that my editors would want a story if  Aristide sneezed.
Now he returns to power and one story. Oh mine how the  times (Times) have
changed.

 cheers,

 garry pierre-pierre   >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Yes, you have hit the nail right on the head Garry.  The mainstream media is
reflecting the conservative, "big business" trend of US life at the moment.
The Republicans are in the White House, with or without a mandate from the
people (those folks know how to bulldoze!).  Most journalists are toeing the
line their conglomerate bosses give to them and some may actually believe
what they are writing.  It is not the American people who dictate what goes
on the front pages of our newspapers instead it is those who have power and
want us to see things their way.  The news is no longer the news.....it is
mere propaganda with some flash thrown in for the MTV generation.  Love those
high speed car chases!

There is nothing wrong with having to produce work according to managements
guidelines, but let's call it what it is and not elevate it to noble status.

Kathy Dorce~