7043: Response to Frantz Bourget from Bébé Pierre Louis (fwd)

From: Moibibi@aol.com

A Haitian proverb states "The one who delivers the blow tends to forget, the
one who bears the marks remembers." (bay kou bliye, pote mak sonje)

Your remarks set you well outside the borders of those who receive the blows.
It is not that we enjoy remembering but without settling our differences, how
could  there be any going forward together?

Often, those who give the blows in Haiti have the nasty habit of preaching
forgiveness. I remember at the end of 1986, the Catholic Church proclaiming
that they were forgiving the Vodouists ! They never said for what ! We were
the victims.

Bébé Pierre Louis