7085: Re: 7056: land reform (fwd)

From: Joanne Kaufman <joanne_jake_@hotmail.com>

I've watched the land reform discussion wavering, but have to jump in since
I worked for Christian Peacemaker Teams, the organization whose
documentation of land reform was just cited. I guess I'm glad to see CPT's
work cited; however, I am surprised no Haitians or other folks, groups, or
organizations with real facts and understandings from Haiti "en dehors" have
comments to make.  No USAID studies? No United Nations studies?

I know that there's plenty of tension around land and land reform; another
team I worked on in Haiti worked in the North, not the Artibonite where this
team was located.  They had thoughts about allegedly huge landholdings of
the church. . .

I'd be curious to know what _Haitian_ (or other, more recent) research and
reflection has been done on the land reform process; know what progress has
been made, etc.

Joanne "Jake" Kaufman
CPT Reservist in Boulder, CO

PS: If anyone lives in the area, I'd love to practice Kreyol once in a
while!  joanne_jake_@hotmail.com