7415: Take a summer trip with BRA to the Dominican's bateyes on medical mission. (fwd)

From: bateyrelief@mindspring.com

The Batey Relief Alliance (BRA) is sponring its 8th medical relief mission
in the Dominican Republic's bateyes of Monte Plata from June 8th through
June 17th, 2001.  VOLUNTEER OPTOMETRISTS, PEDIATRICIANS, INTERNISTS NEEDED.

We seek volunteer health care professionals to provide free medical
assistance to the indigent batey population, including the poverty stricken
Haitian migrant families, in internal medicine, pediatrics, dentistry and
optometry - and health education.  Free medicines, vitamins, eye glasses and
eye care products, and health crisis prevention aids will be given to all
patients to complete their short-term treatment.  We welcome donations in
money, medical supplies and medicines (high blodd pressure, antibiotic and
diabetic).

All volunteers will receive tax-exempt credit for covering their lodging and
travel costs (appx. $1,000). BRA will also provide free work related ground
transportation, and discount rates at the Hispaniola hotel in Santo Domingo.

We encourage you to apply ASAP by sending a copy of your resume and
professional license to BRA, Inc., P.O. Box 300565, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11230 -
or at Apartatdo Postal 5085 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

We look forward to hearing from you and working with you.

Sincerely,
Ulrick Gaillard
=====================================
Batey Relief Alliance (BRA) www.bateyrelief.org
Tax-exempt, non-profit, non-political humanitarian aid organization.
For donations and information, please contact:
Ulrick Gaillard, J.D., Executive Director
P.O. Box 300565, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11230
(917) 627-5026 or at bateyrelief@mindspring.com.
Maria Virtudes Berroa, Regional Director
Apartado Postal 5085, Santo Domingo, Rep. Dom.
(809) 383-1547 or at bra.dominicana@mindspring.com
A copy of BRA's latest annual report may be obtained, upon request,
from the organization or from the Office of the Attorney General, Charities
Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, N.Y. 10271