7439: Re: Usefulness of spring break trips to Haiti (fwd)

From: Barbara Page <pageclan@email.msn.com>

Response to Shirley Jean

I am also interested in responses to the posts by Shirley Jean.  Our church
is sending down a team of eleven adults to our 'sister' church in O'kap
April 13-23.  We are going for the purpose of building a second story onto
the church building so that a new school can begin to operate by next fall.
The four women on the trip (including myself) are offering English classes
in the evenings to those older students that attend the Evangelical Free
Church in Cap-Haitien and for other interested students that live in the
city.  This is the spring break season for students in the area.

During our training here in the states, I have come to the conclusion that I
will be the learner and my hosts will be the teachers!  I have no
misconceptions about visiting and somehow 'showing them' anything!  I expect
to be humbled by the perseverance and persistence of my brothers and sisters
in the Lord, who, under circumstances that I probably can't even imagine,
are willing to teach me a thing or two.

We don't expect to foster dependency, but to solidify our relationships with
each other in our mutual worship of the same Lord and Savior.  We will be
honored to celebrate Easter with our hosts as equals.

Barbara Page
The First Evangelical Free Church of McKeesport, PA