7578: Durban Challenges Corbetters (fwd)

From: Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com>

Now then, Corbetters.....

In office for less than two months, with the natives restless
and EDH limping badly, it appears to me that Mr. Aristide is up
to his a__ in alligators!  Definitely no time to be treading
water, so let's assume for a minute that our principal President
IS sincere in wanting to pull the country up by its bootstraps.

What would contributors to this list suggest he do?  To offer
something comparable, consistent, and hopefully helpful, here
are the ground rules:

 1. Put yourself in Aristide's shoes.
 2. The situation is exactly as it confronts him today.
 3. No venting over or criticizing of the past.
 4. Avoid ivory tower theorizing and philosophizing.
 5. Keep response to 300 words max and answer the question...

 WHAT DO YOU AS PRESIDENT OF HAITI DO IN THE NEXT 100 DAYS?
                  (before end-June)

I'd really like to hear from Antoine, Archim, Auguste, Bell,
Chamberlain, Delatour, Dorce, Gill, Grey, Heinl, Hoover, Ives,
Karshan, Knowles, Kozyn, Maxetluc, Morse, Pierre-Pierre, Pina,
Poincy, Sylvain, Willentz, the Professor himself, and the
countless other souls who make this space interesting.  I
promise to grade the papers easily and, no, I don't have an
answer key.  If enough of you rise to the challenge, however, I
might screw up the courage to offer some ideas of my own!

L Durban