7696: advice and opinions please (fwd)

From: Anez14u@aol.com

Dear List Members:
     I need some advice, or at least opinions, from my friends.  I wonder if
you would read this excerpt from a letter I recently received, from a close
friend and trusted associate who recently returned from a service mission to
Haiti, and give me your thoughts and opinions on what I might or should do.
The last time I sought help from the list and mentioned this child background
of being cursed and abused, I received so much nasty and defensive feedback
from the usual sharp tongued list orators that I vowed not to go there again
but, here I go---
---------------------------------------------------------breaker--------------

-----------------
 "Tommy, I have a small piece of information about your foster child's mother
that I have dragged my feet about telling you---some of my Haitian friends
here felt it was extremely important that you know.  When I was in Haiti with
Bryan our "negotiations" with Pastor P---it was with much sadness that P told
me that the child's Mother is being greatly persecuted in her village----she
has been beaten, she has lost a tooth and survived a machete attack.  All
directed at her due to your adopted child's situation.  I think they hate the
fact that the child has achieved the "ultimate" in the U.S. despite being
cursed.  Long range I think it is a major concern that Both she and the child
could be in danger should he/she manage to get to Haiti.  I believe that a
visit from her/him would endanger the mother's life as well as his/her own.
How I wish I better understood the Haitian ways.  There, I've told you and as
the child's parent you should do what's best with the information---maybe
never telling him/her is the best answer.  I will tell you that it distresses
Pastor P greatly.  I am not sure that even he understands why
--------------------------------------------------------------breaker---------

---------------------------------
     I have know for some time that my child feels he/she would be hurt if
he/she were to go home, even for a visit.  I am currently helping his/her
family, to what limited extent I am able.  I have heard from Pastor P that
they are building a better home there for themselves.  I wonder if this, and
subsequently I have, has hurt or helped the family.
     Any feedback you can give regarding the situation there would be deeply
appreciated.  I am not at all interested in hearing a bunch of rubbish
defending the cursing of innocent children.
Respectfully submitted
Tommy