7872: Re: 7824: Re: 7775: Morse replies to Grey (fwd)

From: ROODY BARTHELEMY <kreyolco@hotmail.com>

In regards to this post, I am taking the liberty to join here with an
invitation to Manbo Racine.

Manbo,
Please read again this comment of yours on that very religion you didn't
make up:

"...True enough that people can choose to behave morally within the Vodou
tradition, although the tradition itself does not enjoin moral behavior! //
I make this choice in certain situations, one of which I am dealing with
right now..."

ALTHOUGH THE TRADITION ITSELF DOES NOT ENJOIN MORAL BEHAVIOR!!!

Are you talking about the Vodou tradition? Oh, Manbo Racine, you must be
kidding! But seriously, such comment is choking, and coming from you, it's
surprisingly disconcerting! How can you acknowledge religion without moral?
How can you speak of faith without behavior.  How can you so deliberately
dissociate the body (moral) from the soul itself(Vodou).  Yet, I know for
sure that your intent is not to zombify but remember, you said it yourself,
you "have not made up this religion, you found it the way it is."  So why
not be cautious when speaking of it? Wouldn't you agree with me that the lwa
themselves have a moral behavior, if not an essence principally made up of
morality.

With all due respect, I strongly disagree with this comment of yours.  Even
if we were to very subjectively contextualize it or to re-invent a new
definition for moral behavior, the thruth of your comment would hardly be
able to be found in the world of Vodou in general, and in Haitian Vodou
particularly.

Ayibobo!

Roody Barthèlemy