8067: Re: 8060: Question about violence SECOND TRY (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Currently, thousand of French, Canadian and US
citizens and others nationalities as well are living a
peaceful live in Haiti. Most crimes are committed in
Capital but Haiti is not Port-au-Prince. I don't
believe the random killing is motivated by hate, may
be that person might be in the wrong place at the
wrong time. Foreigners are not selectively targeted in
the country; consult the US embassy in Haiti they can
give you a clear picture. I believe in objectivity,
the country is experiencing an Insecurity Phenomenon
since 1982; it won't go away anytime soon. You should
take extra care. Like you will do if you are visiting
or residing in the ghetto of Brooklyn, Bronx, over
town Miami and many other hot places in the U.S.
Manhattan despite crowded is a safe place to live,
going down a few blocks once crossing the bridge you
are on your own. Your question is legitimate but don't
portrait yourself as innocent, people go to Israel,
which is technically in a state of war. The risk that
you will take in going to Israel, Lebanon, and many
others hot places in the world is far greater than
going to Haiti. Hey Bro, you don't have to live in the
Capital. I invite you to get the testimony of those
who had visited Haiti, they will tell you a different
story on what you hear in the media. For some unknown
reasons the media had a negative campaign against
Haiti and it is fuel by some mischief Haitian who are
living over here with a total hatred for the
motherland. Why in the U.S. the government has created
summer jobs for the youth? It is to keep them busy;
otherwise they may use the extra time in their hands
to create trouble on the street, vandalism car and so
on. In Haiti in order to reduce the insecurity that is
linked to small thief is to create jobs and
opportunity; give the people some hope. If you are
dealing with people without hope, it is difficult to
contain them.
Bro, if you go with the intention to live, take with
you a small generator, a good Jeep, and discover Haiti
that many wish to know. I hope that you learn some
Creole as well. You will discover the hospitality from
Haitian is none to one, you will get a hospitality
that you won't ever receive over here. Trust me. We
will treat better than the treatment our fellow
citizens are receiving over here. This is why many
foreigners chose to stay in Haiti.
Senou@yahoo.com