8104: difficulty downloading those Haiti maps (fwd)

From: Stuart M Leiderman <leidermn@cisunix.unh.edu>

dear Group:  a couple of readers have told me they are having difficulty
downloading those line maps of Haiti from the Library of Congress research
report.  so if you'll e-mail me directly, I'll send you the PDF files and
then later try to figure out what's doin' with that website.

while I'm thinking of it, I've just discovered the BoondocksNet.com
website, with several articles about Haiti from the 1920's...deja vu all
over again.  three of them are:

The Conquest of Haiti
http://www.boondocksnet.com/ailtexts/seligmann200710.html

Self-Determining Haiti