8375: Re: 8371: Safety First (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< In talking about "SAFETY" how many of you will favor the government to
take "Full Measure" against criminal or "Zenglendo" without any doubt, the
Zenglendo's Phenomenon must stop and it will take a strong man to do that
job.>>

Senou, this is just so naive - do you want to suggest that at this point,
there is anyone advocating leniency for zenglendos?  And since the present
"strong men" haven't done as well as you would like, maybe it is time for a
woman!

<<Are we willing to give full immunity toward future prosecution to whoever
who will take the lead to eradicate Zenglendo in the country. A limited
innocent will be victim in that war, this happen in any risky operation.>>

Whoa nellie!  What are you suggesting, giving someone license to kill whoever
they think is a zenglendo, and if they make a mistake and kill some innocent
dude, oh well?  LOL!  You sound like McVeigh talking about "collateral
damage".

<<... the Haitian government has the obligation to remove that fear by
staging a full-scale war against Zenglendo. >>

Senou, it's not like the police have been ignoring them.  The problem is that
some of the police ARE the zenglendo, or they subsidize their own little crew
of zenglendos for a percentage of the take.

<<In the meantime, it could have been a good idea for the government to
register all taxis driver who serve the airport area in the long run all
taxis drivers should be registered. >>

Hmph!  The Haitian government can't even deliver national ID cards in a
timely manner - I know one guy in Jacmel who waited for eight months to get
his.  Now you want them to register not just cars and not just drivers'
licences, but taxi drivers in particular?  Good luck.  There are registered
"chauffeur guides" at the airport anyhow.  And what good will it do to
require taxi drivers to register?  Criminals will buy or borrow or steal a
car or license plate or registration or whatever they need.

<<All tourists local or foreign shall change their currency to the Haitian
Gourde at the airport. >>

Oh that's a great idea, now I am going to leave the Mais Gate Airport with a
load of cash?  ROTFLMAO!  Oh, that's a great safety tip, yessirree!

<<No one should be allowed to change money in the street, the Haitian
government
 shall not allow the US dollar do be circulated in the market, only Haitian
currency.>>

That is the one suggestion you have made so far which makes sense but it
isn't enforceable.  Jamaica has the same laws, at least they did the last
time I was there, and people were changing money all over Negril Beach and
everywhere else.

<< Also, the Haitian government shall not release any Haitian criminal
 deported from the US,>>

Keep them in jail for life?  Feed and clothe and house them for life?

<< these criminals who were raised in the US are account for 90% of
high-level crime in Haiti. The US is better equipped to handle these
professional thieves. >>

Oh HO!  I am better equipped to be victimized?  My tax dollars are better
equipped to be wasted?  Those folks are not American citizens, they are
Haitian nationals who have been convicted of felony offenses more than once.
What do you think the Haitian government would do with me if I started
knocking over business in Jacmel?  Naturally they would deport me.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html