8488:

From: Maxetluc@aol.com

The National Archives aren't quite up to a web site.  But if someone were
visit he or she might be surprised.  The Archives do have records (albeit
incomplete) dating back to colonial days.  When I toured the place a year
ago, Wilfrid Bertrand, the director, was very proud that these records
have
been so well preserved - and rightfully so.  The Archives are open to the
public and (when I was there anyway) there were a number of amateur
genealogists taking advantage of these records to trace their family
trees.

At the same time, I don't know about land titles.  These are supposed to
be
archived, but there hasn't been a full cadastral survey in Haiti for
generations and many, many titles are disputed.

Good luck,