8634: Slavin: Kurlansky, "The White Man in the Tree: And Other , Stories" (fwd)

From: pslavin@unicefusa.org

I don't remember you reviewing, Bob, Mark Kurlansky's "The White Man in the
Tree: And Other Stories," Washington Square Press, 2000. I finally read it last
night and there is a charming story in it, "The White Man in the Tree," based
on the bedroom lore of Jorgen Leth, the distinguished multimedia artist and
Denmark's Royal Consul to Southern Haiti. The story also has an interesting
portray of Richard Morse.

There are other stories about different Caribbean nations, but the most
important is "The White Man in the Tree." Kurlansky, a charter member of the
Oloffson Vultures Society, is the author of the best-sellers "The Basque
History of the World"  and "Cod : A Biography of the Fish That Changed the
World" and is a former foreign correspondent for the Chicago Tribune.

Patrick

Say Yes! for Children and help start a new global movement for children! http://www.unicefusa.org/say_yes/index.html