8879: Re: 8873: Poincy on Viles Alizard's stand against the police action (fwd)

From: "[iso-8859-1] Jean Poincy" <caineve@yahoo.fr>

" Viles Alizard...condemns the arrests of the two
Radio Rotation FM employees because they were detained
without warrants...We think that the police...must use
the legal procedure for arrests. When they make
arrests regardless of the law, regardless of the legal
procedure, we will always ask that all those arrested
illegally and arbitrarily be released unconditionally
and immediately."

Keep on dreaming.

The real inconvenience to collective security is the
defense of human rights in a place where individuals
themselves don't respect others' right to live, and
live in peace.

In such an insecure Ayiti, I think the human rights
rethoric ought to be put to rest; let it remain in the
book. Anyone who is a suspect or even close to be a
suspect ought to be arrested, with or without a
warrant, questioned and sanctioned if his/her
declarations are dubious.

There is no room for reasonable doubt in the case of
Ayiti today. Until things are better, true democratic
institutions are in place and people have respect for
public authority and individuals, the government ought
to enjoy the absolute authority to do what's in its
capacity to maintain political stability and
collective security in the country arbitrarily or not.

If the government's job is to provide collective
security may they do so as they see fit with little
regards to human rights. For a high five to Aristide's
zero tolerance.

Ayiti has lived, lives and will live
Mozeb