8938: Re: 8937: Re: 8935: Re: 8929: White asks question about Truth and Reconcilliation (fwd)

From: Jean Succar <succarj@hotmail.com>

Krista,

I believe unfortunately there is some truth on what this anonymous writer
answered (I wish he had not remained anonymous). I have travelled across the
country, and I can say that some of us surely have not broken off the ties
that bind us to the old Dessalinian contract of :"Koupe Tet, Boule Kay"
(behead and commit arsons).  Nevertheless, we need to recognize that among
us exists a lot of haitian with the will and vision of true citizens.  Out
task for the next millenium is to keep on trying hard to coexist with each
other(MRE's as coined by the US media (it is our elite nevertheless), the
people and the government), to accept our differences and build on the
positive side of Haitians.  Our first instinct is revenge against each
other(we can see that on the policies and actions adopted by incoming
governments for the last 14 years).  The challenge for the new century
Haitian leader will be to brake that malicious cycle of vengence that
accompany every incoming government and start building on the future of this
country. Yes we do have problems that restrain us from developing and we
have to identify them in order solve them so we could move forward.
As human beings, we know we can the question is how?