9029: Re: 9025: Haiti needs help (fwd)

From: Paulette Smith <psmith@emerald.tufts.edu>

Dear Sir

I find a lot of compassion and respect for what you are saying here.

I have been wondering if some us who teach "French" might be able to
coordinate efforts together with me, to gather  our extra - used books
and notebooks for schools in Haiti that are short on basic material.

During my last trip, I inquired  and found the cost - shipping (and
duty) so onerous that I got discouraged and didn't pursue.
 I'd welcome  suggestions from others and ready to put
"my money (school resources)  where my mouth is".

Paulette Anne Smith, Ph.D.
Tufts University
psmith@emerald.tufts.edu