9267: 9263: Recipe for pikliz

From: Matt Ray <mray@novell.com>

Good idea.  Here's a decent recipe for pikliz!   I'm sure there are others out there!

1 whole cabbage
2 CARROTS
6 OR 7 HOT PEPPERS
1  OR 2 ONIONS
3 CUPS OF A VINGER
1/2 TABLESPOON SUGAR
5 TABLESPOON  OF OIL
1 TABLESPOON OF SALT

CUT ALL VEGETABLES IN SMALL PIECES AS IF YOU' RE GOING TO MAKE COLESLAW MIX TOGETHER. MIX VINIGER AND OIL, SUGAR, SALT AND APPLY TO VEGETABLES AND PLACE IN FRIDGE UNTIL READY TO SERVE.

From: amedard@gte.net

> I am in the Los Angeles area and there is no Haitian market to my knowledge where
> you can buy pikliz.  But I think the restaurant in Inglewood, Chez Nous will sell
> you a jar of it if you ask them.

Our cook always made ours at home ... why not simply make your own?   :-)

> Now for the jewel in the crown........Five Star Barbancourt......it is my pleasure
> to tell you that you can buy this fine rhum at Bristol Farms at a very decent
> price.

For those interested, Barbancourt's export agents are listed on their website at
<http://www.barbancourt.com/commun/rhum/agents.htm>