9335: Feast Day Names, Hallowe'en, and Fet Gede (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

It's not really a "coincidence" that Fet Gede falls near Hallowe'en, or that the two holidays have similar themes.

November 1 in the Roman Catholic calendar is the Feast of All Saints.  All Saints is also referred to as "All Hallows", you know, as in "Our Father, hallowed be thy name".  The night before All Hallows is All Hallows Even (evening), which has been contracted to Hallowe'en.

November 2 in the Roman Catholic calendar is the Feast of All Souls (including those who were not very saintly, I suppose!), and that is when Vodouisants observe Fet Gede.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html